Sleep and PainTop Ten Natural Pain Releasers

Today we're going to talk about: Get More Restorative Sleep.

You ever have that problem you can't sleep because you're in pain?

Sleep & Pain Video

You just can't get comfortable. You toss, you turn. Your body aches, and you just can't get to sleep.

Get All the Videos!

TOP 10 Pain Relievers

Privacy Policy: We hate SPAM as much
as you do. We do not share information
with any third party.

Well sleep is very restorative for the body,

It is also very healing. You ever notice, when you get sick with a cold or flu or whatever, your body wants to sleep? That's when it does its best healing, when it is asleep.

Well there are two problems, really. One is you're not getting enough sleep, and secondarily, you might not be getting very efficient sleep. It's not very restorative sleep because you really can't get into that deep restful mode.

The Body Can't Heal

Then your pain doesn't get any better because your body's healing mechanism can't kick in to improve things. And you kind of have this vicious cycle where you've got pain, and you can't sleep, and your pain doesn't improve because you're not sleeping.

I suffer myself from occasional insomnia. Sometimes it is because I've got aches and pains, and other times, it is because I've just got the just normal, garden variety insomnia where you wake up at like 3:30, 4:00 in the morning, can't get back to sleep. It's a bummer.

Wonderful Herbal Tea for Sleeping

So here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to actually make this tea for myself tonight. It is an herbal tea, and all the herbs that I am using in it have been used traditionally by herbalists and herb freaks, whatever you want to call them, to make relaxing tea.

My particular blend, I've chosen three of these herbs. The first one is lavender, the next one is skullcap, and the third is lemon balm.

And this lemon balm, I actually just picked today from my organic garden. This stuff is incredibly easy to grow. In fact, it will take over your entire garden if you let it. It can be very invasive actually. You've got to work to keep it cut back.

They are sure to have this at Herb Fest. It is an herbal festival. People travel from all over the United States to come to Herb Fest.

Now there are other herbs that work well for relaxation as well: valerian, hops, kava kava, chamomile. In fact, a lot of those sleepy time teas that you see in the grocery store have chamomile in them, where you drop a little tea bag into your cup.

The Right Way to Make Herbal Sleepy Tea

The problem, though, with that is when I tell you the way I make mine, a little bit differently. I'm going to take bulk herbs. I'm going to dump them into my coffee pot. I'm going to add water. And I'm going to warm it. I don't want to boil it.

If I bring it to boiling, I ruin some of the essence of the herbs, so I want to keep it just below boiling and let it sit there for about 20 minutes. That's important because that gets the full strength out of the herbs. You're not going to get that from dropping a little tea bag into a coffee mug.

Now you can take your tea bags and put them in water in a coffee pot on the stove and put three or four in there, if that's what you want to do, if that sounds easy to you, and brew up your tea. And when it's ready, I just strain it out into my coffee mug and enjoy it about an hour or so before bedtime.

Interferential Helps a Lot

So, let me give you just one more little tip. Tonight, before I go to bed, I'm going to break out with my Infrex Plus. Now I do have a little bit of back pain from a motorcycle accident that I had not too long ago.

I'm going to hook up the electrodes of my Infrex Plus on my low back. Now the pain is right on the spine and in that surrounding area. I want the electrodes on the fleshy part of my body.

That's important. You don't want to put the electrodes over bone. You want fat or muscle. And the electricity is going to pass from one electrode through your body to the other one anyway, so you want to get the pain in the pathway of those two electrodes surrounding your pain. And you can use four electrodes.

When I go to sleep, I set the timer on the Infrex for about 30 minutes. I want to be able to take it all off easily and throw it aside. So you can get your hands now on an Infrex Plus. You just need a prescription.

In the old days you had to go to the chiropractor or the clinic and, of course, pay the fee and take time out of your day. Now there's a portable unit that can be used at home. You can get a free trial at painreliefmachine.com. Just head on over and fill out the form.

Disclaimer. What works great for one person may indeed be terrible for the next.

Do consult with your own personal health professional before you try any of this stuff. And we highly recommend do your own research. Don't just take our word for it.

Custom Search

Save

Save

Save

Custom Search

Save

Save

Save